Amazon will hold its annual Prime day on the 15th and 16th of July, 2019. During this time Amazon will offer a number of deals and discounts exclusive to Prime members.
With the Prime day fast approaching Amazon has come out with an interesting offer for people between the ages of 18 to 24. Under the terms of this offer, Prime membership normally priced at Rs 999 is now available at half the price for just Rs 499.
A discount of Rs 500 or 50% off – you decide.
How to avail the offer?
- Download and install the app if you don’t have it. (This is an app only deal)
- Within the app find the “Youth Offer” banner and click on it.
- If you can’t find the banner click here. (It will take you to the offer page)
- Buy the Prime membership for Rs 999.
- Confirm age by uploading the following documents – PAN, Address proof and your photo.
- Amazon will then verify the documents and deposit Rs 500 into your Amazon Pay account.
You can use your Amazon Pay account to shop on Amazon and other eCommerce platforms as it is a widely accepted form of payment.
Akshay Sahi, Director and Head of Amazon Prime, India said “We recognise that customers in the age group of 18-24 years want the freedom to do more with less. With a 50 per cent cashback on Amazon Prime membership, customers can enjoy the best of shopping and entertainment through Prime, while at the same time-saving Rs 500 to spend on all their favourite activities like shopping, food delivery, entertainment, travel and more.”
Amazon Prime benefits
- Access to hundreds of movies and TV shows including some of their original productions.
- Access to over 50 million (they say so) songs.
- Early access to certain deals before they’re available to all.
- Free one-day or two-day delivery, when applicable.
- Free access to hundreds of eBooks under “Prime reading”.
Want it for free?
Several other companies have started offering Amazon prime free to their customers.
- Airtel: One year free subscription to postpaid customers on plans of Rs 499 and above.
- Vodafone: One year free subscription to RED postpaid customers on plans of Rs 399 and above.
- BSNL: One year free subscription to some of its postpaid and landline customers.
Even without the discount, Amazon Prime is really worth its price. But, at just Rs 499, it is a steal – don’t miss the chance.